We provide specialist land and property services to create and deliver successful and viable developments, places, projects and programmes.
Our work spans all stages of the regeneration and growth process, from development strategies, masterplanning and feasibility studies through to appraisal, funding, and delivery. We apply our skills in a wide variety of contexts including major mixed use and residential led growth areas, estate regeneration, industrial and employment areas, town and city centres, and innovation districts.
SQW's Land and Property team is an RICS regulated surveying practice. It was formed when the widely respected and experienced team at BBP Regeneration became part of SQW in early 2019.
We act for major private sector developers and landowners, as well as government departments, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), Combined Authorities, universities, local authorities, and a range of other organisations including being appointed to Homes England's Economic and Multi-Disciplinary panels.
One of our main areas of expertise is in appraising and delivering development projects, with a deep-rooted understanding of key economic and social drivers of change. More generally, we cover the following service areas:
- Transforming Places - We develop strategies, frameworks and delivery plans to support growth and revive underperforming areas including: town centres and high streets; housing estates; new communities; and employment areas.
- Development Consultancy - We provide advice on residential and commercial property development, including: development appraisals and feasibility studies; market assessments; asset based strategies; and project planning and programming.
- Delivery - We support the delivery of successful projects and programmes by providing: development management services; advice on governance and management; and 'critical friend' support during implementation.
- Economics - We robustly assess viability and value for money by preparing HMT 'Green Book' compliant: business cases; economic appraisals; economic impact assessments; and project and programme evaluations.
- Funding - We help to secure finance by providing: business planning inputs; advice on funding strategies; tailored inputs to underpin convincing funding applications; and support to national funding programmes, including the assessment of funding applications.
SQW’s Land and Property team is regulated by RICS for the provision of surveying services. This means we agree to uphold the RICS Rules of Conduct for Firms and all other applicable mandatory professional practice requirements of RICS, which can be found at www.rics.org. As an RICS regulated practice we have committed to cooperating with RICS in ensuring compliance with its standards.
The team's nominated RICS Responsible Principal is Stephen Pritchard MRICS, Director (07973 353677)