SQW wants you, or the entity you are authorised to represent ("you", or "your") to visit this website knowing that you have control over your personal data. Your right to privacy and data security is a primary concern for SQW and the firm will take all reasonable measures to protect your information while it is in its care.
SQW respects and values the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.sqw.co.uk ("SQW's site") and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with the firm's obligations and your rights under the law. SQW is committed fully to protecting your privacy.
Should you have questions concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information, please direct these to Paula Brand, SQW Group's Data Protection Manager (DPM) who can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01865 261480, or by post at the Oxford Centre for Innovation, New Road, Oxford OX1 1BY.
This site is owned by SQW, a limited company registered in England under company number 01701564 whose registered address is Oxford Centre for Innovation, New Road, Oxford OX1 1BY, United Kingdom. SQW is a trading name of SQW Limited and our VAT number is GB844286704.
When does SQW collect personal data?
SQW only collects data when there is a legitimate business need to do so or when such information is made available to us with your consent. For example, when:
- you complete surveys that we use for research purposes
- you provide information via the SQW website e.g. as part of a recruitment process
- you contact us via phone, email, in person or via the SQW website, when we may keep your contact details
What personal data does SQW collect?
Depending upon your use of the site, SQW may collect some or all the following personal (and non-personal) data:
- Personal identification such as name and date of birth
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Employment details
- Online identification such as IP addresses.
On some research projects, the nature of SQW's work requires the firm to gather and use information which is sensitive, and which requires additional security. This includes:
- personal data, which allows specific living individuals to be identified and contains information about those individuals which has not already been deliberately made public (for example, a list of named people who have received support in gaining employment and their contact details, for use as a survey sample)
- sensitive personal data, such as the ethnicity of living individuals, their religion, their physical or mental health, sexual orientation, or offence history (for example, individualised records of pupils with disabilities, for use in evaluating the effectiveness of an intervention)
- sensitive commercial data, disclosure of which could adversely affect another organisation's reputation or operations (for example, confidential information on a business's product development plans obtained through a consultation process).
How does SQW use your data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. SQW will comply with its obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times.
SQW's use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for the firm's performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to its use (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in the firm's legitimate interests. Specifically, SQW may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to the SQW website
- Supplying consultancy services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalising and tailoring services for you
- Replying to emails or telephone calls from you
- In support of a job application you have submitted
- Analysing your use of SQW's website (and gathering feedback) to enable us to continually improve the site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, SQW may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and developments in relation to SQW's services. SQW will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with the firm's obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to SQW using your personal data at any time, and to request that it is deleted.
How long does SQW keep your personal data for?
SQW does not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- General enquiries - completion of enquiry plus six months
- Projects - specifically defined for each project and held within the Processing Activity Record (PAR)
- Suppliers (excluding sub-contractors on consultancy assignments) – as per current legislation (seven years)
- Employees – most data are held for one year from the last day of employment, but there are some exceptions e.g. bank account details and national insurance number (see the SQW employee privacy notice for details)
- Recruitment candidates – six months.
How and where does SQW store your data?
SQW only keeps your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as the firm has your permission to keep it.
Data security is very important to SQW, so to protect your data, the firm has taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through this website. Further details are provided in SQW's Information Security Policy, which is available on request.
Does SQW share your data?
SQW never shares your data with third party marketing companies.
SQW may share your data with other companies within the SQW Group so that beneficial services can be offered to you.
SQW may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, SQW will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, SQW's obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
SQW does not sell personal data in any form, including mailing lists. All of the personal data that we collect is for internal use only.
SQW may compile statistics about the use of this site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any pseudonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. SQW may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared with your consent and used within the bounds of the law.
In some circumstances, SQW may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where the firm is involved in legal proceedings, complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What happens if the ownership of SQW changes?
How can you control your data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by SQW under the GDPR. Any reasonable request is free of charge and SQW will provide all relevant information that is held by the firm. SQW also wants to make sure that any information it stores on you is correct. Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to withhold information
Your right to be forgotten
As mentioned above, SQW only collects data when there is a legitimate business need to do so. SQW only holds the minimum amount of personal data required and for a limited amount of time. However, you have the right to request that SQW removes or deletes your personal data from its systems. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
How can you access your data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by SQW. Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and SQW will provide all relevant information in response to your request free of charge.
Please contact SQW for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority
If you have a concern about about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personal information, you can report it to the relevant Supervisory Authority.