The Viewpoint series is a series of ‘thought piece’ publications produced by SQW and Oxford Innovation, the operating divisions of SQW Group.
The aim of the Viewpoint series is to share our thoughts on key topical issues in the arena of sustainable economic and social development, public policy, innovation and enterprise with our clients, partners and others with an interest in the particular subject area of each paper. In each Viewpoint, we will draw on our policy research and implementation experience to consider key topical issues, and provide suggestions for strategic and practical solutions.
Our archive of Viewpoints can be accessed via the links below.
- Using an Assessment of 'Complicated' and 'Complex' Characteristics to Determine Evaluation Design of Innovation Policies
- "Further than the End of the Road" - Voices of a Lost Generation for Cycling?
- Making the Infinite Countable? Responding to the Challenges When Evaluating Innovation Policy
- Policies and Research to Solve the UK's Productivity Puzzle
- Bumpy Road Ahead for English Apprenticeships?
- Reviewing Long Run Trends in Productivity: a Linear Growth Hypothesis
- The Role of Policy in SME Finance: Demand Side Perspectives
- What's in Store for Innovation and Enterprise?
- Accelerating Local Economic Growth - Clusters and Deals
- Carbon Reduction
- Migrant Workers
- Making the most of Evaluation
- Business Support
- Employment Recovery
- Quality Risk and Regulation in HE
- The Big Society
- Enterprise Zones
- The Cambridge Phenomenon
- Looking Ahead to the Autumn Statement 2014
- New Year's Resolutions for the International Year of Evaluation
- The Pareto Principle: The Importance of the Vital Few in Business Support Programmes
- Triple Helix - The Kenyan innovation System
- Triple Helix - Perspectives from Oxford and Cambridge
- Case studies on influencing government policy and investment through economic research